BioControl Medical, Ltd. was founded in 1999 by Yossi Gross, and is based in Yehud, Israel. BioControl’s first devices were developed to treat incontinence due to overactive bladder, stress, and interstitial cystitis. In 2006 American Medical Sytems acquired an exclusive license for the use of the technology in urology, gynecology and other pelvic health applications. Continue reading
In June 2011, Israeli neuromodulation systems developer BioControl Medical spun-off CerebralRx to market its FitNeS vagus nerve stimulation system for the treatment of refractory epilepsy.
The FitNes system employs platform technology developed for the CardioFit® system for treating congestive heart failure (HF). CerebralRx spun out of BioControl Medical to expand the use of this technology outside of cardiology for the treatment of a range of neurological disorders, including epilepsy.
Yossi Gross (born February 5, 1947) is an Israeli medical device innovator and entrepreneur. His medical-device companies are incubated through Rainbow Medical.
Currently, the following companies led by Yossi Gross are focusing on active implantable medical devices:
- BetaStim, developing a new neurostimulation treatment for diabetes
- Brainsgate, developing an implantable device for acute stroke treatment and brain drug-delivery technology
- BioControl Medical, developing neurostimulation devices
- Enopace Biomedical, developing implantable devices for heart failure treatment through stimulation of the aorta
- CerebralRx, a spin-off from Biocontrol developing vagus nerve stimulators for the treatment of epilepsy