Brainsgate‘s implantable pulse generator is designed to stimulate the Spheno-Palatine Ganglion. It is activated by an external transcutaneous energy transmitter. Brainsgate is evaluating the system’s capability to augment cerebral blood flow as a treatment of ischemic stroke or dementia. Continue reading
Yossi Gross (born February 5, 1947) is an Israeli medical device innovator and entrepreneur. His medical-device companies are incubated through Rainbow Medical.
Currently, the following companies led by Yossi Gross are focusing on active implantable medical devices:
- BetaStim, developing a new neurostimulation treatment for diabetes
- Brainsgate, developing an implantable device for acute stroke treatment and brain drug-delivery technology
- BioControl Medical, developing neurostimulation devices
- Enopace Biomedical, developing implantable devices for heart failure treatment through stimulation of the aorta
- CerebralRx, a spin-off from Biocontrol developing vagus nerve stimulators for the treatment of epilepsy